1. How much will this counselling gig cost me? I know this is what most people, including myself, always look for first in FAQs so here you go!
A 50 minute session is $85.00 - in context this is what you might pay for two cups of coffee a day for one week, or a night out.
Many therapists, like myself, prefer to offer a completely private service. I do not have Medicare or private health rebates. However, this means I can offer you the maximum level of convenience with minimal waiting periods, flexible appointment times, and very reasonable fees. My total fee is often what you pay out of pocket with other therapists, after their Medicare or private health rebate! The idea of charging hundreds of dollars to people needing help does not bode well with me.
Payment methods: EFTPOS, bank deposit, cash.
2. Am I just a number to you?
No, no, no. I know many therapists try to cram clients in like ants. They may see up to 12 people a day. I believe self-care must come first. Would you prefer an apple from a healthy, vibrant apple tree or from a tree that is undernourished and wilting? Nobody wants to see a bedraggled, worn out therapist, who cannot give them their undivided attention because they are stuck in the last session or worried about the next one. I deliberately only see two or three clients a day max so I stay vital and healthy for both my clients and for myself.
3. I'm scared of being judged
It takes loads of courage to come to counselling. You are trusting a complete stranger and you may feel extremely uncertain and scared, particularly if you've not had a positive experience with counselling in the past. To feel scared about taking the first step is totally normal.
A large part of my role is to help to you to feel accepted and comfortable just where you're at. That's why I named my counselling practice BEE YOURSELF COUNSELLING; it's so important to feel that you can be yourself, whatever your reason for coming to counselling.
4. How many sessions will I need?
This varies for everyone. Some people only need one, two or three; others decide they wish to come long-term, e.g. six to 12 months. We can discuss this during your first session. It's a collaborative process.
5. What hours do you work?
Monday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Thursday: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday: 11:30 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
6. Do you offer remote counselling and where is your business?
- Yes, I offer remote counselling via Teams, Skype or phone. I find these programs work best for remote counselling as others tend to cut in and out.
- For clients living in Townsville I offer counselling from Greenwood Estate. I will provide you with the details prior to your first session.
7. How do I contact you?
You can click on the red circle with the white envelope at the bottom right of every page, or you can email me on email@example.com Also feel free to text or phone me on: 0452 245663. You will hear a message, in my voice, or I will answer your call.
If you have other questions, feel free to ask.
Behavioural Science degree - James Cook University
Grad. Dip. Arts (Sociology) - James Cook University
Diploma of Counselling & Psychology - ICI
Pet Bereavement Counselling Certificate
Grief & Bereavement Counselling Certificate
Certificate IV New Small Business
1. ACCPH - Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists & Hypnotherapists (Senior Member)
Note: I am registered with ACCPH as a counsellor, not a hypnotherapist.
2. TASA - The Australian Sociological Association
3. Member of the International Golden Key Honours Society - by invitation only for academic achievement
4. Member of APLB (Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement) - worldwide association
My mantra when it comes to qualifications: "People don't care how much you know unless they know how much you care." (Theodore Roosevelt)
Contact Madonna: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone or text: 0452 245663
*Please Note: Bee Yourself Counselling is not a crisis service. If you are having suicidal thoughts, or thoughts of self-harm, please call 000 or contact Suicide Callback Service on 1300 659 467 to receive the assistance you need.